Thursday, December 29, 2011

Black Lace Titanic Era Gown







From the seller:

BLACK ANTIQUE LACE DRESS CUTTER FROM VANDERVOORTS BEAUTIFUL LACEY DESIGN MOST DAMAGE IS DONE ACROSS THE NECK LINE TO THE SHOULDERS.

From Me:

I bought this and it arrived today. Oh. My. Goodness. I probably should take better pictures of it and put them up. First, I could tell right away it's a wearable size. The net belt is at the empire waist line, putting it in line with most early teens gowns. The placement of the embroidery on the net sleeves also indicated an early teens gown. The "fringe" picture is actually fringe at the bottom of the gown. There is a slight tear along the neckline but it honestly looks fixable based on my glance this morning. (I was running out of the house. My maillady likes me and knows that I don't leave until late most days so she'll drop my packages off first. :-) )

The embroidery on this thing is astounding. It's not lace in the typical sense, but a net that has been fully embroidered. Honestly, I'm shocked I got this for $10. It's definitely NOT a cutter dress. With a couple of minor mends, it's practically museum worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment