Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Brown 1870's Bustle Era Day Dress









From the seller:

THIS IS A FANTASTIC ATTIC FIND. A VERY NICE VINTAGE TRAIN BUSTLE DRESS AND YOU WILL NOT FIND ONE IN SUCH PERFECT CONDITION. SHOULDERS MEASTURE 15", WAIST 28". THE ONLY DAMAGE I COULD FIND IS SOME MINOR FADING BUT NOT NOTICEABLE UNLESS YOU LIFT THE SKIRT AREA IN THE PLEATS. POSSIBLY FROM YEARS OF STANDING IN THE SAME POSITION. THE LAST PICTURE SHOWS WHERE THE SEAM HAS COME APART BUT VERY SMALL AREA ON THE LOWER AREA OF THE SKIRT WHICH CAN BE EASILY STITCHED. IT APPEARS TO BE UNFINISHED AND MAY NEVER HAD BEEN WORN AS THERE ARE STILL PINS IN THE SLEEVES AND THE RUFFLES AROUND THE BOTTOM ARE BASTED. ALSO ONE SLEEVE IS PLAIN AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICS. NOT SURE IF THAT WAS THE STYLE OR SIMPLY AN UNFINISHED SLEEVE. IT'S FULLY LINED IN SOFT COTTON AND COMPLETE DRESS IS MADE IN A VERY HIGH QUALITY. BUYER TO PAY $20.00 PRIORITY SHIPPING. QUESTIONS WELCOME. THANKS FOR SHOPPING WITH ME.

From Me:

I wish I had something like this in my attic.... All I have is spiders. :-p

What I like about this dress is the pleats. You can see the original thread holding the pleats in place along the bottom of the dress. I know someone on either LJ or a forum asked recently how they kept their pleats so in place -sometimes it was just starch and other times, they sewed them that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment