Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Child's (Boys?) Dress






From the seller:

This is an off white Ecru child’s silk dress. It has sewn down pleats on the bodice and is decorated with 12 buttons on the front with knotted gimp-silk braid decoration that ends below the hip and above the pleated skirt. The long sleeves are decorated with pleated and braided cap sleeves over the long sleeves. There is a lot of detail on this dress. The only problems I see are hanger wear on the shoulders that has damaged the silk on the top and back side of the shoulders. There is also a little hole (1/8 to 1/4 inch) in the front of the dress and the hem has fallen. I have taken pictures so please review them but bear in mind that any darkness is not damage, it is from the camera flash. From the neckline/ top of the shoulder to the hem, the dress measures approximately 32 inches. This does not count the fallen part of the hem.

All the clothing I list belongs to my 87 yr. old mother and she is the one who knows clothing. So if you have any questions, please email me with enough time before the auction ends so I can talk to her. I have tried to do my best to list conditions and I am selling this “as is”.


From Me:

The seller deleted all the other images of this dress after the auction was over. :-( However, this one was still around so I figured I'd share it. I *think* this might be a young boy's dress rather than a young girl's given the styling on the bodice. Boys wore dresses until they were 5~ (give or take a year) since diapers and washing were very different even 30 years ago. :-) Once young boys were fully potty trained and didn't have accidents, they could wear trousers like their Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment