Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teens Era Summer Dress








From the seller:

Please do not confuse my low starting bids with low quality items. vntgclothing trusts in the eBay bidding system and I believe the market will find the right prices. I get all of my items from high end, specialty estate auctions and private sales. I strive to bring my customers nothing but the finest in Victorian clothing & textiles. Thank you so much for looking and please be sure to add vntgclothing to your favorites!

This auction is for a beautiful early 1900's display piece. It's a fine silk dress top featuring silk trim, silk tassles and many, many cut clear glass buttons...65 counted! Due to overall age yellowing and silk wear under the left arm front and back, it is being sold as-is for display or fashion study. Early hook and eye closure to left bodice side with snap closure up around the collar. Very unique style sleeves with glass buttons and silk tassles as well. Matching pleated front and back skirt panel with pleated waist belt trimmed with buttons and silk tassles. may have been part of a bridal wedding dress as it is quite the decorative piece of early clothing.

Measures as follows:

Bust; 32 inches

Waist: 22 inches

Underarm to end of longest panel: 32 inches





From Me:

I'm not sure this is really silk or if it's just aged cotton; however, I LOVED the lines of this dress. It would, of course, have been worn over a longer slip/petticoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment