Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Early 1930's Summer Dress












From the seller:

Beautiful 1920's Era Embroidered Net Lace Dress



Extraordinary

&

Wearable If You Wish



I sized this in a multiple size range because of the design & the way it fits

I'll try to explain

I can get the dress on and I could probably wear it

however it was made for a smaller person

It doesn't have a side or back opening

It fit pretty snug across my Bust and it was snug getting over my shoulders

but it wasn't that difficult to

Get in to and out of ~ I didn't have to have help

My measurements are:

Bust 37 -38

Waist 29 - 30

Hips 40 - 41

Measurements of the manniquin

Bust 32

waist 26

Hips 36

(She looks much Nicer in it)



Approximate Measurements of the dress Flat

Underarm to Underarm 16"

Bust Area 16"

Waist 16"

Hips 20"







*********

This is a Beautiful Embroidered Tulle or Net Lace Fabric with a

Soft Flexible Hand

I can only describe the color as an olivey green more on the yellow side



Hand Embroidered With Silk Thread Pink Yellow & Green Floral Wreaths

interspersed with tiny 3 petal Foliage in matching colors

****

A full length Silk Satin Slip Came with the Dress, However the Straps have been shortened so that

it fits to high for the neckline of the dress

I am including it, there is likely enough fabric in the hem to extend the straps if anyone is so inclined : )



********


From Me:

The cape on the back and the ruffles on the skirt are more 1930's. The drop waist was still popular for the first couple of years of the 1930's. I'm thinking 1931 on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment