Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lot of 20th Century Wardrobe











From the seller:

You are bidding on a lot of 10 vintage/antique women's nightgowns, slips and clothing. I had these looked at by a seller who deals in vintage clothes, and was told that, depending on the item, they are made of cotton, silk, crepe or rayon. The ages of the items vary from Victorian to WWII. Please check the photographs!!



These all belonged to my great grandmother and her sisters, henceforth the variety of sizes, styles, etc. They have not been used in many years, and have been stored in a large plastic clothes bag. I have not attempted to clean or iron them, so I will leave that up to you!




The overall condition for these is good. That being said, some do require some minor repairs. All of these have the original ties, buttons and rossettes where appropriate. A few buttons are missing. Please check the photographs!!




A nice collection of vintage women's clothes for one low price!




I will carefully pack these in a single box for shipping. Payment must be received with 5 days of close of auction. There are no returns.


From Me:

I was hesitant to post this one. Although I'm pretty sure the dress is Edwardian and the combinations are too, the rest is - most likely- modern. Or, rather, modern-ish. The very pale blue looking dress is a recreation, I think. It's hard to tell. The short "petticoat" that has an elastic waist ([insert facepalm here]) is very similar to one I bought at Old Navy two years ago for Easter.

So, take this lot with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment