Sunday, August 17, 2014

Late 1850's Day Dress









From the seller:

1858 day dress as is for study. 22 inch waist and 33 inch chest. Please note unusual sleeve trim and fabric loss only on one shoulder. Subble silk skirt. Large pagoda sleeves trimmed in fringe. Collar not included. Fully lined.

From Me:

I didn't even see the date the seller added when I started to look at it and came to the same conclusion - late 1850's. :-) I love sleeve details - probably added later at the start of the Civil War.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I hope Pennsic was wonderful.

    I really love this dress. Simple, but charming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pennsic was a ton of fun. I always love it and I'm already planning for next year.

      This dress looks like one of those you could dress up or dress down - with the correct parasol. ;-)

      Delete